Tuesday, 7 May 2013

A Big Summer Ahead...


The close season has finally arrived, many of us have been waiting for this for some time now, some of us since January.

The last match of the season against Watford showed us that squad can perform under the right guidance, even if all of the odds are against us. The bookies where out to get United last weekend and many had expected Watford to walk over us. Two big injuries later saw an incredible 16 minutes added on to the first half.

We saw our own youngster Dom Poleon open the scoring with an incisive chase from an overhead ball. A Watford equalizer followed before too long, but at the very end of the game McCormack popped up and chipped the ball high up over the keeper to nick the winner for Leeds.

With the close season now upon us its time where we will all be looking and checking twitter as often as our schedules allow us, to try and find out just what Leeds will look like come next season.

This is the time of the year when we find ourselves linked with every player under the sun who may or may not look close to leaving their respected club.

It is now when we see websites put out there annual post asking who we want to see the club sign in the summer. I feel that this time around we won't be seeing a lot of activity, it has been reported this week that the manager has submitted a list of 7 or so players, personally I feel we would only need 3 quility players to transform the side.

Since the manager has come in we are already looking a lot more competitive on the field and we are making all the right movements. With Chris Dawson, and Dom Poleon looking to make an impact over the summer who do we need to bring in?

I can see Dom Poleon getting into the side over the summer and will expect him to feature heavily next season, having watch him play in his return at Watford, he looks hungry, he's looking to prove his worth. I believe if he is given half a chance to make a go of it next season he will grab it and not look back, I may even go as far to say he could be our top goal scorer next season depending on who else could be brought in.



I have already seen some crazy rumours floating around, I read this morning that Thomas Ince is in talks.

I mean, Yes Leeds have turned a corner, but there is still a way to go just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-54117892-3