Thursday, 9 May 2013

We're Turning A Corner

It has finally happened, the end of Bates' reign as Leeds United Chairman. Yes okay, he is still knocking around our Clubs like a bad smell, but at least now we have got some windows open, and a bit of fresh air blowing through.



With the new owners about to start their first full season in charge of the Mighty Leeds United it is safe to say there is a sense of optimism throughout the Leeds following. The current boss, Brian McDermott has got his feet well under the coffee table, and that its exactly where we want them.

With the player now away for the summer break many would be led to think that the footballing world will be put on hold until they return on June 27. However, that couldn't be further from the truth, each player has been handed an individual training regime, from Brian himself. He wants them to:

"come back fit as a fiddle and fighting"

I said in a previous post that Brian McDermott has also handed in a list of potential targets to Chief Executive Shaun Harvey:

"I've also done a list of players I think will be good for the squad. Ideally, you'd like them in when you start pre-season, but my experiences of transfer windows are that things move slower than you'd like."



And it seems that the managers influence and jurisdiction doesn't end with the players either, he has also got plans for the training ground as well:

"We want to upgrade the training ground as well. We want to build this football club. We want to make this a great football club again. It's not just about building a team. ... The training ground is a great facility, but we just think we can improve certain things to make it absolutely top class because we want things to be top class at Leeds United."

I'm am starting to feel that Leeds United, "The Sleeping Giant" is starting to wake up, we are turning that corner, I may be forever the optimist but, I have good feeling about this forthcoming season, Marching on Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-54117892-3